I started to read "Robinson Crusoe" to Gabe tonight, the Classic Starts version. He's digging it, and so am I. We almost made it to Chapter 4 before he drifted off. This is my new idea (in a long list of many) to make bedtime a little easier. We've been reading picture books to him before bed since the day we brought him home from the hospital, starting with "Goodnight Moon"; but lately he needs something else to help him fall asleep. I think we may try Harry Potter next. Plus I get to read a good book too, so everyone's happy!!
The only question he had so far was "what is punch?" Robinson "lost all [his] fears in a cup of punch and a rowdy good time." Well punch is... kool aid of course.
One of my favorite books is Goodnight Moon. I love the way you read it. Now I'm ready for Robinson Crusoe and Harry Potter. Punch is definitely kool aid in my book!
ReplyDelete