Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sweet Love

It's the simple things that have me falling deeper and deeper in love with my little boy.  Like when he was all curled up, with his tooshy in the air and his shirt was creeping up his back enough so that the small of his back was exposed, and i kissed his soft back, and he laughed a brief, quiet, sweet little laugh.  Like when I told him you shouldn't use an umbrella when it's lightening and he said, "you get fried," and I said with a laugh, "yeah," and he said with such innocence and sadness... "then I not have a mama!"  Like when he wraps his whole body around me and holds on so tight and I know there are only a handful of years left for that kind of devotion, and I have to hold on as long as possible.  Like just now, when I checked on him before going to bed and he let out a precious, perfect sigh... the sigh's that only a baby can make... the one's that melt your heart.  Yep, that is the best tumble I will ever take in life... falling for my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment